- 06-03-1994: Vietnam Economic Association submitted the Prime Minister and Minister of Education and Training (MOET) a Scheme on the establishment of Hanoi University of Management and Business (HUMB).
- 13-10-1994: MOET issued Decision No. 2943/GD-DT on the recognition of 21 members of Founders Board, Prof. Tran Phuong as the Chairman.
- 25-05-1995: Founders Board submitted the Prime Minister regulations on organization and operation following the Rule applied to private universities.
- 15-06-1996: Prime Minister signed Decision No. 405/TTg on the establishment belonged to Vietnam Economic Association, under the management of MOET.
- 03-08-1996: MOET signed Decision No.3224/GD-DT on the recognition of Board of Directors (11 members). Vietnam Economic Association.
- 05-08-1996: Board of Directors organized a meeting under the chairmanship of Founders Board - Chairman of Vietnam Economic Association and elected Prof. Dao Nguyen Cat as a Chairman of Board of Directors and Prof. Tran Phuong as the President.
- 05-09-1996: MOET made a Decision No. 3963/GD-DT on the recognition of the Chairman of Board of Directors and the President of HUMB belonged to Vietnam Economic Association, under the management of MOET.
- 30-09-1996, 02-02-1999, 13-01-2006: MOET allowed HUMB to carry out Bachelor Programme in Business Management and Foreign Language (using English, Decision No. 7134/KHTC), Computer Science (Decision No. 20/QD-BGD&DT/DH), Mechanics Engineering (Electromechanical Engineering) and Electrical – Electronics Engineering (Decision No. 199/QD-BGD&DT).
- 16-10-1996: MOET issued Decision No. 4300/GD-DT and allowed HUMB to implement enrollments period 1996-1997 for majors approved by MOET.
- 16-01-1997: HUMB celebrated a new academic year ceremony at Vietnam-Russia Cultural Palace.
- 1997: Festival of Shareholders I passed Regulation on organizations and operations, capital contributions and orientations at HUMB.
- 01-08, 17-10, 28-11-1999: Festival of Shareholders II passed Modified regulation, elected Board of Directors including 33 members, Managing Board including 12 standing members. Supervisory Board consists of 7 members. Shortly after the meeting, Board of Directors held a meeting and elected Prof. Tran Phuong as the Chairman of Managing Board, also the President and Supervisory Board; Pr. Nguyen Ngoc Le was elected the Chief and Dr. Tran Duc Que as Deputy Chief.
- 08-05-2003: MOET made a Decision No. 2050/QD-BGD&DT/DH and allowed HUBT to implement College Programme.
- 09-03-2004: MOET made a Decision No. 1166/QD-BGD&DT-GDCN and allowed HUBT to implement Intermediate Programme.
- 17-07-2005: Festival of Shareholders VII made a decision on Capital reallocation. Organization and Operation regulation of HUMB.
The Congress elected Board of Directors consisting of 11 official members and 11 alternate members; Supervisory Board consists of 3 members.
Board of Directors elected Prof. Tran Phuong as a Chairman. Prof. Do Que Luong as Deputy Chairman of Board of Directors, Managing Board includes 6 members, Prof. Tran Phuong as the President and 5 Vice Presidents.
- 21-11-2005: The Prime Minister made a Decision No. 300/2005/QD-TTg and allowed HUMB to carry out Master Programme.
- 19-05-2006: The Prime Minister made a Decision No.750/QD-TTg on the rename of Hanoi University of Management and Business into Hanoi University of Business and Technology.