· Hanoi University of Business and Technology (HUBT) was founded in June, 1996 by Prof. Tran Phuong as the President, also the Chairman of Vietnam Economic Association, and Vice President of the Council of Ministers. By expanding to technical areas, it was renamed into Hanoi University of Business and Technology from May 2006 (hereinafter referred as HUBT).
. HUBT was presented with the Third Class Labor Medal (on 10 years of establishment) and the Second Class Labor Medal (on 15 years of establishment)
· HUBT is an organization of intellectuals based on voluntary contributions, fund raising for sustainable construction and development for the purposes of talent training, but profit making.
· HUBT operates towards the mission of training applied economists and technicians, and providing human resource of high quality as key staffs for enterprises as well as "key team” on the career of socio-economic development based on targets of wealthy people, strong country, just, democratic and civilized society.
· HUBT considers professional training and practice as its primary goal, which not only focuses on knowledge but also improves practical skills, develops creative thinking, combines theory and practice; concentrates on both talent development and ethnic cultivation for specialized staff.
· In the last 17 years, 35,142 Bachelors, Engineers and 478 Masters graduated from HUBT. Most of them applied for a job with relatively high salaries right after graduation.
Graduates are highly appreciated because they are:
- Good at professionals
- Proficient in computer skills
- Good at English.
· Teaching staffs:
|Year||Total||Pr, Assoc., Prof.,|
|Bachelor||Official lecturer||Visiting lecturer|
|1996-1997||16|| || ||16||0|
|Year||Total students |
· Departments of Technology and Engineering are well-appointed with laboratory. Lecture rooms are well-resourced with multifunctional projectors for electronic lessons. High-rise blocks are equipped with elevators.
· HUBT is equipped with 2,100 computers with internet connection providing 1 computer/student.
Computers for training
Computers for students
· HUBT is characterized by multi-area (17 majors), multi-grade (College, Bachelor, and Master) and multi-form (full-time, in-service and e-learning). HUBT's knowledge volume is relatively “large” compared to other universities'.
- Bachelor: 240 - 246 compared to 210 credits
- College: 180 - 186 compared to 140 - 150 credits
- Intermediate: 120 compared to 100 - 110 credits
· Therefore, it is essential that students take their study seriously. Those who like playing than studying, false learning but genuine certificate are not appropriate with such programs.
· HUBT is opposed to examination frauds. Any staff violating such rules will suffer from dismissal and any student will be suffered from the highest punishments.
II. Facilities and equipment
- Usable area: above 20.000 m2, HUBT have 2 campuses
+ Vinh Tuy Campus is equipped with enough classes for 30.000 students and workplace for 1,500 staffs.
+ Tu Son Campus is equipped with enough classes for 10,000 students and accommodations for 2,000 students
- Class: 8,530 m2 with total 236 rooms
- Library: 834 m2, 4287 titles with 20,583 publications; 79 types of magazines and 47 types of newspapers, especially in Vietnamese, others in English and Chinese.
- Others: Public hall has 800 seats; small hall has 600 seats, with modern equipment. Gym house has 6,727 m2 equipped with facilities for physical education. Working place for staffs: 3,079 m2 with above 80 well-equipped rooms.
III. Which certificate?
· With high school certificate, you had a key to higher education, also the knowledge of higher education. It covers various occupations.
There are 3 certificates corresponding to 3 periods:
- 2 years (Intermediate or College)
- 3 years (College)
- 4 years (Bachelor)
Dividing 3 types of certificate makes it convenient for learners. You will need to learn only 2 years to apply for a job. After you have a job and income, it is easy to continue studying (Articulation Programme) to reach higher levels.
· Our youth are very fond of Bachelors, which means only certificate of bachelor can help them find a good job. However, it is wrong. Any society, including developed ones such as Europe or America, need Intermediate, College rather than Bachelor. That a person has a certificate of intermediate in accounting, trade, and information technology is enough to take on work. A small-size enterprise does not need a Bachelor of accounting for the position of Chief Accountant; they need an Intermediate of accountant only. Therefore, there is no need to think of certificate providing you take your study seriously.